City of Newnan to Celebrate Georgia Cities Week, October 4-10
Ashley Copeland, Communications Manager
City of Newnan
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEWNAN, Ga., October 2020 - Newnan is set to celebrate 2020 Georgia Cities Week for October 4-10. The annual celebration is a statewide initiative presented by the Georgia Municipal Association.
This year's theme is "Building the 2020 Vision."
Events planned for the week are:
- City Appreciation Day, Monday, October 5, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Newnan City Hall: Residents, guests, and friends of the City of Newnan are welcomed to browse city information on display at Newnan City Hall, from the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, while enjoying complimentary city swag items and treats while supplies last.
- Scavenger Hunt, All Week Long, Newnan Carnegie Library: The Newnan Carnegie Library wants to celebrate how fantastic the City of Newnan is, and what better way to do that than a Selfie Scavenger Hunt? From October 4, 2020, to October 10, 2020, you have the opportunity to win prizes from the Newnan Carnegie Library for celebrating your pride in the City of Newnan!
- FREE Guided Walking Tours, October 8 -10, 11:00 AM, Newnan-Coweta Historical Society: Join the Newnan-Coweta Historical Society and the McRitchie-Hollis Museum for a special series of Guided Walking Tours in honor of Georgia Cities Week. Walk down historic College Street and Wesley Street in downtown Newnan and learn about the history and architecture of the homes and buildings in the neighborhood. Tours start at 11 AM at the McRitchie-Hollis Museum. Tour guests should meet in the lobby of the McRitchie-Hollis Museum.
*Masks are encouraged during the walk and required inside the building. For the safety of our staff and visitors, tours will be limited to 10 people and are first-come, first-serve. Those who wish to participate may call in advance to reserve their spot at 770-251-0207.
- #TakeoutTuesday with Main Street Newnan, Tuesday, October 6, All Day: Show your support for local downtown Newnan restaurants on #TakeoutTuesday by purchasing at least one meal as a to-go or takeout. Tag or share your meal on social with Main Street Newnan for a chance to be featured in an upcoming #TakeoutTuesday post!
- National Coffee with a Cop Day, Wednesday, October 7, 7:00 am – 9:00 am, Redneck Gourmet: Come and join the Newnan Police Department at Redneck Gourmet and discuss the safety of our community over a cup of coffee! Newnan Police Department has removed all the communication barriers so you can speak directly about the future of our community, the concerns of our community, or you can drop by and thank your local law enforcement officers for the safety of our community.
- KNOWing Newnan – Facebook LIVE / Virtual Pop-Up, 11:30 AM: Join us for a virtual pop-up Facebook Live, with members of the city’s administration and staff where you’ll have the opportunity to express your thoughts, concerns in real-time, and learn about the latest projects and developments taking place in the city.
Cities across Georgia will be celebrating Georgia Cities Week, sponsored by the Georgia Municipal Association (GMA), to showcase and celebrate cities and the many services they provide. Based in Atlanta, GMA is a voluntary, non-profit organization that provides legislative advocacy, educational, employee benefit and consulting services to its 538 member cities.